How to be a Professional Salesperson.©
Free Sales Training Video Series – Numbers and Statistics
Numbers and Statistics
What’s the difference between the two statements below?
- A majority of our customers let us know they like our new features very quickly.
- 82.43% of our customers call within 18.5 hours of a new release to say they love it.
I look at statement #1 and think, that’s very nice.
I look at statement #2 and think, these guys must be awesome.
Why? Few a few reasons:
- People believe statistics and numbers.
- People can use those numbers and statistics as a “logical” reason to buy.
- Numbers don’t lie.
- It looks like we track our data very carefully so we must be concerned about customer satisfaction.
However valid or invalid this logic is, it exists in people’s minds; your prospect’s minds. Whenever you can, you should include numbers and statistics into your presentations.
- 91.4% of our customers see a Return On Investment in less than nine months.
- 97.7% of people who call our support line get a return call in less than 17.5 minutes.
- Our average customer stays with us for 7.6 years.
The one obvious key to using numbers and statistics is they must be true. I once heard a comedian tell a story that was really amazing only to conclude with, “And that’s a fact I just made up.” You, however, cannot make up facts. They have to exist. But if you do use them wisely, they will reward you. And that’s a fact!.