How to be a Professional Salesperson.©
Free Sales Training Video Series – Qualifying your prospect
Qualifying your prospect –
How do you know if you have a qualified prospect? For most companies, at least the following is required for a prospect to be qualified. They should:
Have a business pain, need or desire that has made purchasing your product, or one like yours, a top priority. This could be:
- One of their customers (external or internal) is demanding something your product helps them deliver.
- They’re losing deals to the competition.
- They’re trying to stay, or become, a leader in their industry.
- They’re looking for another revenue stream that your product provides.
- Have a budget allocated, or can get funds for your product.
- Have a sense of urgency.
- Be involved in making the final decision.
You need to put together your own list of what a qualified prospect is for you, as it relates to your product. For example; at Sales Getters, a qualified prospect for our business would be someone and a company who:
- Needs to grow a segment of, or all of, their sales. (Pain)
- Has a budget or agrees with the ROI that can be delivered to them. (Money available)
- Needs revenue quickly. (Urgency)
- Has the VP of Sales or CEO involved. (Decision maker)
To order my complete sales system from Amazon, just click the book.
And, contact me to explore a live or phone training session.